How to make Cookies’ for the hungry snowboarder
It’s been a while since I wrote a post so I thought this would be a nice change.
Designed specifically for the technical, hard working, powder hungry snowboarder who likes to stay on the move all day, these home made cookies will keep you going until the lift close.
You will need:
- Half a slap of butter 4oz
- 1 Egg (free range)
- 2 cap fulls of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar (brown)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups of oats
- Rasins / Nuts / Sultanas
- 2 x baking trays
- some grease proof paper
- and a least one hungry snowboarder…
Mixing and Baking
You may have a different method but this is how I did mine.
Pre-heated the oven to 180c. Mixed the butter, egg, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl until the mixture became tacky to the touch.
Next I added the flour, mixed again until the flour was completely disolved into the mixture. Then added the cups of oats, mixed again, followed finally by the rasins, nuts and sultanas. Again followed by heavy mixing!
I then rolled small amounts of the mixture between two hands gently squashing it into cookie shapes, placing them on my baking trays.
Place in the oven for 15 minutes and all done.
– Instead of rasins, nuts and sultanas, you can add pretty much anything. Pumpkin, sesame seeds etc.
– The cup I used for the measurement, was just a regular sized coffee mug.
– Prior to starting I heated the butter up very slightly in the oven to help make the mixing easier.